about our products
Why use Soy Candles?
- 100% natural soy bean wax
- 100% lead and zinc free wicks
- Essential oils or high quality Fragrance oils
- My soy candles contain no dyes to avoid adding chemicals into the wax.
- They burn cleanly; (no black residue) or toxic fumes
- Burn twice as long as standard candles
What are paraffin waxes made from?
Paraffin is derivable from petroleum, coal or oil shale. It releases carcinogenic chemicals when burned. The soot/fumes are similar to that released from a diesel engine and can be as dangerous as second-hand cigarette smoke. This can contribute to serious respiratory issues like asthma.
- There is a ban on lead containing wicks, but they are still commonly found in imported candles. Zinc was used as a replacement metal to lead, but still results in chemical burn off.
What is mineral oil made from?
- Crude oil comes from Petroleum and is refined to make Mineral Oil. There are multiple grades of mineral oil, and "food safe" mineral oil is often used on cutting boards and wood to seal it from moisture.
- Is it safe? There is a huge debate going on, and I will let you do the research on that and decide for yourself. However, we don't feel it's worth risking the impurities that can be in mineral oil, and therefore, we seal your wood, and ours, with an all natural alternative that is just as effective without the health risks.